Sunday, May 17, 2015

Google Forms

I have never used Google Forms prior to today. I tried opening the screencast to help get started, but could not get it to work. So, next I decided to go into Atomic Learning to help me get started on creating a quiz in Google Forms. I had trouble getting started because for some reason, the wizard did not open and the first page of my Google forms did not look the same as the one on the Atomic Learning video. I opened up the Graham text, and followed along with the instructions in Chapter 7 to create my quiz using Google Forms. Once I started and followed the book, I easily created a quiz. I liked the way the forms are real-time so you can see results quickly. I also like the way the results are posted to a spreadsheet which is created automatically for the teacher. 

Forms are a nice way to gather and organize information. Upon reading the Graham text, I found it interesting the many ways Google Forms could be used to meet Common Core Standards. Students can gain valuable technology experience by using Google Forms to do various tasks such as; creating surveys, writing up information for club events, or simply taking a quiz. Teachers can use the Google Forms to create quizzes, keep track of student progress easily, and even creating things like a "get to know you" form for the first day of school.

I like Google Forms, and I truly see the value of using it as an educator. I wish we had more time in class to actually set up more things using Google Forms. I will definitely need more practice to be able to use it more proficiently in the future.


1 comment: