Saturday, May 16, 2015

Drawing

I have never used the Google Drawing function before today! I enjoyed making my first artistic creation, even if it did turn out rather ugly! Okay, well, I was going for a more "simple contemporary" style of digital art. At least, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it! I watched the u-tube videos, Introduction to Google Drawing, and also the Google Drawing Tutorial. These videos were very helpful to a first time, inexperienced user. I enjoyed being able to import shapes. I think this could be a very valuable tool to use in the classroom.

In addition to my drawing, I decided to explore the lesson plan, "Exploring Shapes", for use in the elementary education level. I really liked this lesson plan because it captures the attention of the students. This lesson creates a fun way to get students interested in creating and manipulating shapes. It also helps students distinguish shapes, draw them, and see that shapes come in various different categories.

Upon reading the "Drawings" chapter of our Graham text, I was impressed with all of the various applications Google Drawings can have for educators. It can be used to organize student assignments, as well as working collaboratively on drawings. Teachers can also use drawings as an assessment tool for students. These are just a few ways that Google Drawings can be used to meet Common Core Standards.

My drawing is quite simplistic, please don't judge, just understand that I had to draw this as my two children sat in my lap begging for cookies while I was working! Ha!





1 comment:

  1. OK. A little light on specifics from the Graham text. Otherwise, fine.

    ReplyDelete